What is a voracious person?
Table of Contents
- What is a voracious person?
- How do you use the word voracious?
- What is the other word of voracious?
- What's the opposite of voracious?
- Who is a voracious reader?
- What is a person with a voracious appetite called?
- What is a good sentence for voracious?
- What is the best synonym for voracious?
- What do you call a person who loves reading?
- Which country reads the most?
- Where does the word'voracious'come from in a sentence?
- What is the definition of a voracious reader?
- What does it mean to have a voracious appetite?
- What is the meaning of the word veracious?
What is a voracious person?
1 : having a huge appetite : ravenous. 2 : excessively eager : insatiable a voracious reader. Other Words from voracious Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym Veracious or voracious? Did you know?
How do you use the word voracious?
Voracious in a Sentence 🔉
- The football player was a voracious eater who easily consumed two chickens during one meal.
- In the jungle, there are many voracious animals that will eat anything they can catch.
- When I was pregnant, I was voracious and ate constantly.
What is the other word of voracious?
Some common synonyms of voracious are gluttonous, rapacious, and ravenous. While all these words mean "excessively greedy," voracious applies especially to habitual gorging with food or drink.
What's the opposite of voracious?
voracious. Antonyms: epicurean, squeamish, fastidious, delicate, dainty, nice. Synonyms: hungry, absorbent, ravenous, rapacious, insatiate, omnivorous, gormandizing.
Who is a voracious reader?
Miriam-Webster defines voracious as either "having a huge appetite"; or "excessively eager." For the purpose of this discussion, the latter definition is the one that is appropriate. So, a voracious reader is one who is insatiable, needs always to be reading, and who can never read enough books.
What is a person with a voracious appetite called?
veracious/ voracious Voracious describes someone super hungry, like a zombie or a wolf. A voracious appetite makes you want to eat a whole cake. Veracious (with an "e") means truthful, as in a veracious first president who cannot tell a lie.
What is a good sentence for voracious?
Voracious sentence example. Three of the Brazilian species are voracious and dangerous. The dolphin is exceedingly voracious , feeding on fish, cuttlefishes and crustaceans. The species of Charybdaea are stated to be quick and active in their movements and to be voracious feeders.
What is the best synonym for voracious?
synonyms for voracious
What do you call a person who loves reading?
Bibliophilia or bibliophilism is the love of books, and a bibliophile or bookworm is an individual who loves and frequently reads books.
Which country reads the most?
According to the NOP World Culture Score Index, India is the country that reads the most, with over 10 hours per week. Thailand and China are second and third, with 9.24 and 8 hours per week respectively.
Where does the word'voracious'come from in a sentence?
Wanting or devouring great quantities of food. Etymology: From vorax, from voro. Having a great appetite for anything (e.g., a voracious reader). Etymology: From vorax, from voro. greedy in eating; very hungry; eager to devour or swallow; ravenous; gluttonous; edacious; rapacious; as, a voracious man or appetite; a voracious gulf or whirlpool
What is the definition of a voracious reader?
What exactly is a voracious reader? - Quora Something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again.
What does it mean to have a voracious appetite?
craving or consuming large quantities of food: a voracious appetite.
What is the meaning of the word veracious?
Take care to distinguish between the near-homophones veracious and voracious, whose similarities in sound mask utterly different meanings. Veracious (“honest, truthful”), like its cousins veritable, verify, and very, concerns that which is true.